Facial Masks Evolve Towards Treatment
Facial masks have witnessed rapid growth over the last several years, and forecasts point to continued 5-year growth rates exceeding the broader personal care market. This growth has come in part due to heightened consumer aspirations for solutions that provide ritualistic and holistic product experiences.
But over recent years, facial mask product claims have expanded from more traditional wash-off oriented claims to place more emphasis on tangible skin improvement benefits. This has been led by consumer behavior, as observed through Google search data, which suggests greater interest in masks as a vehicle for improving skin outcomes. Increased consumer knowledge about anti-aging ingredients used in traditional leave-on skin care is informing a demand for masks that combine scientifically-driven skin treatment with the holistic aspirations of traditional mask formats.
Treatment Masques are a Premium Category
In much the same way that broader skin care is witnessing a premiumization effect, treatment masques represent the premiumization of the facial mask category. As with skin care, a more well-informed and ‘plugged in’ consumer is becoming more willing to pay for solutions that fulfill their aspirational and efficacy goals. Through Treatment Masques, there is finally a beauty regimen that combines scientifically driven skin treatment with holistic aspiration of a spa. Utilizing its expertise in active ingredients and sensory spheres, Evonik is helping brand owners interested to leverage the momentum of this emerging product category through the launch of a new trend concept that includes six inspirational guide formulations.
Evonik Treatment Mask Concept Formulations
Evonik’s Treatment Masque concept includes 6 guide formulations that combine a range of active ingredients along with different sensory formats. These include:
- Intensive Under Eye Peel-Off Mask offers consumers the promise of reducing the appearance of tired skin and dark circles under the eyes through use of ROVISOME® F.E.C and TEGO® Pep UP.
- Rejuvenating Overnight Lip Mask fulfills consumer demand for a hydrating and nourishing night product to care for the lips after a long day of assault and is enabled by use of Ceramide III B and AquaPront®.
- Naturally Refreshing Mask for Age-less Skin allows consumers to enjoy the natural power of moisturization and skin protection through carefully selected botanical extracts TEGO® Turmerone and TEGO® Natural Betaine.
- Age Defense Sleeping Facial Mask makes use of its long contact time with the skin to provide skin hydration, protection, and radiance all in one product, enabled by use of HYACARE®, HYACARE® 50, Skinmimics®, and ROVISOME® Q 10 NG.
- Ultra Hydrating Milk Sheet Mask allows consumers to enjoy a device-like treatment from the comfort of home, using an active ingredient impregnated sheet mask that delivers intense hydration and the appearance of energized skin, using HYACARE®, TEGO® Cosmo C 100, and AquaPront®.
- Urban Warrior Charcoal Mask helps to purify the skin both through the use of trendy charcoal as well as scientifically advanced skin actives to reduce the appearance of redness and other skin blemishes, using Phytosphingosine and dermofeel® Toco 70.
Those attending the NYSCC Suppliers’ Day are welcome to try out these formulations at Evonik’s booth #1111. Others interested to learn more about Evonik’s trend concept and its formulations can listen to an on-demand webinar about this concept through intobeauty.evonik.com.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-oriented innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2018, the enterprise generated sales of €15 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.6 billion.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.