Evonik showcases innovation through six new products and new market concept targeting consumer rational indulgence at NYSCC Suppliers’ Day 2018
Evonik Corporation’s Personal Care Business Line will highlight its strengths in active ingredients, sustainable chemistry, and sensory solutions through six new products and a new market concept during NYSCC Suppliers’ Day 2018 on May 15 – 16 at the Javitz Center in New York City, booth #509. Evonik will also deliver three presentations during the event.
New product innovations
Affirming its commitment to specialty active ingredients, Evonik will showcase four new product solutions that are in sync with present market trends:
- Skinolance® is Evonik’s first microbiotic skin care product, reflecting growing consumer interest in solutions that address the skin microbiome. The product uses cell-free lactobacillus extract to promote the natural balance of the skin flora. This has a positive effect on the barrier function of the skin, and consequently the appearance of skin.
- Hairflux® is a skin-identical ceramide blend developed for hair and scalp care that addresses the trend towards the skinification of hair care. Consumers are seeking solutions that focus on scalp and hair improvement in a similar fashion as for skin. Ceramides are a key constituent in hair and skin, and its use in this product offers several benefits for consumers.
- TEGO® Pep-Up is a new CFDA-listed peptide supporting consumer trends towards pro-aging and aging gracefully. The peptide uses biomimicry to drive the appearance of an improved extracellular matrix which results in several visual benefits, notably a more defined and less sagging facial contour.
- TEGO® enlight is a blend of natural components supportive of consumer desire for more evenly toned skin that is ready for the digital age. The product uses phytic acid salt from rice bran and an extract of white mulberry fruit to promote general skin brightening and more even skin tone.
Evonik will also affirm its leadership in the area of sustainable chemistry with uncompromised performance through its new RHEANCE® One glycolipid. The product enables gentle yet effective cleansing performance and is manufactured exclusively from sugar using a natural fermentation process. RHEANCE® technology represents several years of extensive research and innovation within Evonik and now empowers consumers to enjoy cleansing products that are natural, mild, and effective.
Lastly, Evonik will add to its robust sensory portfolio through introduction of TEGO® Smart Polymers, which provide a pleasant sensory feel along with other functional benefits to formulations, even those used in more demanding applications such as sun care.
F3-Beauty: A fusion of form and function
As evidenced by the popularity of K-Beauty and emergent growth in J-Beauty, consumers are ever more interested in product solutions that push sensory boundaries while delivering tangible performance. Underlying this trend is a change in consumer purchasing behavior driven by an expanded appreciation and understanding of the value proposition of products. New technologies are making consumers more well-informed and well-advised with respect to the performance, and consequently assignable value, that they can expect from cosmetic products. At the same time, consumers have come to elevate the experiential dimension as a more prominent factor in purchase decisions. Collectively, these changes are driving an evolution in purchase decision-making towards rationalized indulgence. Consumers want the indulgence from sensory experience with the justification of tangible, clinical-level performance. This is the new cosmetics consumer.
F3-Beauty denotes a genre of cosmetic product whose focus lies beyond ethnic, geographical, or cultural storylines but instead focuses bravely on the fusion of sensorial form with actives-led function. Leveraging its expertise in the sensory and active ingredients spheres, Evonik’s concept presents five inspirational formulations that combine a range of different textures along with active ingredients backed by science.
- The Age-defying Sculpting Soufflé imparts a soft and creamy texture reminiscent of whipped cream while leveraging actives SPHINGOKINE® NP and TEGO® PEP 4-17 to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and to enhance overall skin appearance.
- The C3 Cushion Cream uses several actives to promote a calm, clean, and clear skin appearance in a rich-looking cream with a surprisingly cushion-like feel upon application.
- The Frozen Youth SPF 15 formulation imparts an ice cream-like texture with a cooling sensation while delivering actives that reduce the appearance of photo-damaged skin and enhance skin elasticity, along with SPF protection.
- The Contouring Transformation Gel uses TEGO® Xymenynic to improve the appearance of skin firmness in a silky-feeling gel that glides smoothly onto the skin and transforms to a moisturizing fluid upon application.
- The Intense Hydration Night Mask uses SK-INFLUX® V and HYACARE® to drive intense hydration in the skin along with TEGO® Cosmo C 100, which nourishes the skin’s energy needs, in a fluid emulsion-like gel that imparts a silky and hydrating feel.
Customers are welcome to try these formulations at Evonik’s booth #509 during the event.
During Suppliers’ Day, Evonik will also support the cosmetics community through three educational presentations:
- Anna Howe, Applied Technology Manager Personal Care Leave-On, will discuss the trend towards personalized cosmetics and related formulation considerations based on learnings from Evonik’s booster-based personalized cosmetics concept, launched in 2017. This presentation is part of the “Digital Age of Beauty” conference program and will take place on Tuesday, May 15 from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Meeting Room 1A21.
- Dr. Annika Schrader, Global Marketing Manager Personal Care, will discuss the skin microbiome and Evonik’s new Skinolance® product solution for rebalancing the skin’s microbiota. This presentation will take place on Tuesday, May 15 from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the Presentation Theatre.
- Dr. Kathrin Brandt, Technical Manager Personal Care Rinse-off, will provide an overview of glycolipid technology and its characteristics based upon Evonik’s new RHEANCE® technology platform. This presentation is part of the “Sustainability” conference program and will take place on Wednesday, May 16 from 11:20 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. at the Presentation Theatre.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The focus on more specialty businesses, customer-orientated innovative prowess and a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. They are the lever for profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company. Evonik benefits specifically from its customer proximity and leading market positions. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. In fiscal 2017, the enterprise generated sales of €14.4 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.36 billion.
About Nutrition & Care
The Nutrition & Care segment is led by Evonik Nutrition & Care GmbH and contributes to fulfilling basic human needs. That includes applications for everyday consumer goods as well as animal nutrition and health care. This segment employed about 8,200 employees, and generated sales of around €4.5 billion in 2017.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.